AP Biology 2
Taxes & shipping calculated at checkout
See every page
Get a sample packet for classroom trial (PDF)
PRINT: Paperback, Full Color
DIGITAL: Personal License
or School License
BIOZONE’s 2017 editions of our popular AP Biology 1&2 student books build on the successful approach of previous editions. They feature revised content and easy-to-use tools for identifying program requirements and assessing student performance.
For ease of use, the full course work for AP Biology has been published as two companion titles (like 2 semesters).
Some of the features of these significantly enhanced editions include:
- Chapter introductions provide a summary of required knowledge, encapsulating the Essential Knowledge and Learning Objectives of the AP curriculum framework (2015) and matched point for point.
- A Key Idea introduces each activity, providing a clear focus and “take-home” message for the student.
- Activities to support student-led inquiry and a larger number of activities involving data analysis and modeling.
- Case studies and required illustrative examples.
- Easy-to-use coding for weblinks, content and concept connections, and science practices:
- Science Practices are well supported through integrated activities in both volumes.
- Concept and Content Connections codes enable students to make important connections across the entire program.
- Content to support the 13 required practicals.
- Both volumes include content adjustments and updates in light of the latest (2015) review of the framework and in keeping with the dynamic nature of science.
- Review activities at the end of each chapter enable students to test their understanding and are ideal as formative assessment tasks.
- Synoptic activities suitable as summative assessments conclude each section of work.
Features and Benefits
- 400+ activities across the two companion titles: Varied, engaging activities provide ample opportunity for students to explore and test their understanding of the content.
- The four big ideas provide a thematic framework for presenting a wealth of illustrative examples to support the required content.
- Concept maps make connections between key content areas.
- A key idea for each activity and access to support online engages students and supports a deeper understanding.
- Enduring understandings are clearly identified and developed through the learning objectives and their supporting activities.
- Essential knowledge: Learning outcomes are based on the essential knowledge requirements of the AP Biology Curriculum Framework, outlining the knowledge and skills students must acquire.