The QCE Biology Units 1-2 Classroom Guide is a teacher resource designed to help teachers use the QCE Biology resource to best effect.
- Understanding the worktext features and how to use them to best effect.
- A guide to teaching strategies, including the use of collaboration to maximise learning outcomes and suggestions for achieving effective differentiated instruction.
- How support for the mandatory and suggested practical activities is provided.
- How to use the tab system to identify where manipulative skills, science as a human endeavour, and specific skills are covered.
- Assessment tasks.
- How support for mathematical skills and numeracy is provided.
- A summary of the teacher support materials available.
- A guide to the features contained in the Digital Teacher’s Edition.
- Meeting Key Competencies
- The Contents: A Planning Tool
- Introducing the Biology for QCE Content
- Finding Your Way Around
- Using the Tab System
- Making Use of Weblinks
- Building Understanding
- Links – Making Connections
- Differential Instruction with BIOZONE
- Choosing Activities for Home Study
- Literacy and Comprehension
- The Teacher’s Digital Edition