Biology for Texas has been specifically written for the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Science (High School Biology). The TEKS form the basis of the structure of Biology for Texas. A TAB system identifies TEKS covered within each activity and differentiates between science concepts and scientific and engineering practices. Four levels of integrated English Language Proficiency Standards support learners with differing competencies in English as an additional language. Model answers are provided “in place” (in situ) within the Teacher’s Edition.
A comprehensive Classroom Guide prefaces the Teacher’s Edition and demonstrates how to make the most of the BIOZONE approach within a differentiated classroom. This guide includes a set of teacher notes that can be used as mini lesson plans for each activity.
Full correlation tables for all TEKS and ELPS are provided, allowing teachers to record progress as they work through the program.
Cells and Viruses
Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration
Animal and Plant Structure and Function
DNA and Gene Expression
Patterns of Inheritance
Evolution and Natural Selection
The Student Edition of Biology for Texas forms the core of BIOZONE’s solution for delivering the Science TEKS for HIgh School. The Teacher Toolkit, a suite of ancillary materials, supports teachers to deliver a robust and engaging program based on our Student Edition. The current Teacher Toolkit will be expanded in the future.
Current Teacher Toolkit components:
- Teacher’s Edition (print): A comprehensive Teacher’s Edition provides instructional support and strategies for teaching with BIOZONE in a differentiated classroom. Model answers are in place.
- Resource Hub: The Resource Hub provides curated material, including 3D models and Open Educational Resources (OER) such as videos and interactives to engage, support, and extend student understanding of the content. An approximate list of resources available is provided in the table below.
Additional components available in the next few months:
- eBooks: BIOZONE eBooks provide digital replicas of the printed worktexts, with interactive functionality. Available for Student and Teacher’s Editions.
- BIOZONE World: This integrated platform brings all of our digital resources together for easy access and delivery.
- Presentation Slides: This extensive set of slides is designed to support the content of the worktext. Slides are fully editable, allowing teachers to customize the presentations to match lessons.
- Test Banks: Test Banks are a suite of test questions designed to be used as an assessment tool. They comprise a range of question types and are formatted for ingestion into test generator software.
- Question Library: The embedded questions from the worktext are provided n formats that can be ingested into Learning Management Systems and other digital tools (e.g. Google Classroom).