Biology for Texas
Taxes & shipping calculated at checkout
See every page
Get a sample packet for classroom trial (PDF)
Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for high school biology. Texas Proclamation 2024.
PRINT: Paperback, Full Color
DIGITAL: BIOZONE WORLD Teacher and Student Access
Biology for Texas is 100% TEKS and 100% ELPS aligned.Biology for Texas has been specifically written for the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for Science (High School Biology). BIOZONE’S high-quality infographics and inquiry-driven pedagogical approach inspire students to be curious about the scientific world. Our unique, interactive worktext approach encourages direct interaction with the content, allowing students to record their answers within the context of the stimulus material and form a “record of work” for quick and easy revision. The TEKS form the basis of the structure of Biology for Texas. A tab system identifies where the scientific and engineering practices TEKS and Science concepts TEKS are integrated. English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS) are integrated throughout in a way that requires students to think critically, understand and learn new concepts, process complex academic material, and interact and communicate in English within the science classroom.
Features and Benefits:
- Beautifully Illustrated throughout with “infographic” style diagrams
- TEKS and ELPS incorporated and clearly identified.
- Chapter introductions provide students with clear learning outcomes.
- Key question provides a focus for each activity
- Content anchors provide context for each chapter
- Practical investigations integrated throughout. An equipment list is provided.
- QR codes link directly to interactive 3D models.
- Summative Assessments conclude each chapter
- Dedicated science skills chapter
- Glossary (English/Spanish)
Additional resources availableBIOZONE WORLD: Digital subscriptions to this program will be available via our new online platform: BIOZONE WORLD. Access will be available for trial by schools and districts upon request. Resource Hub: The BIOZONE Resource Hub is a FREE resource, available to both students and teachers. It offers a curated collection of Open Educational Resources (OER) specifically chosen to support the content of the worktext. Resources include videos, animations, games, 3D models, spreadsheets, and source material Homelinks: Resources for caregivers include a User Guide for Caregivers explaining key design features of the Biology for Texas program, flip-book access of the Student Edition, and useful links to digital resources to help with reinforcing learning at home.
TEACHER SUPPORT PRODUCTSBIOZONE offers a number of products designed to help teachers effectively deliver Biology for Texas. These include:
- Teacher’s Edition contains:
- Classroom Guide (see below)
- Model answers in place
- Additional teacher coding
- Implementation Guide: this explains the features of the program and how to make the most of the guided progress for students. Access teacher resources for effective implementation of the Biology for Texas learning program, including:
- Scope and sequence guides
- Pacing and vertical alignment guides
- Differentiated lesson plans
- Digital assessment data program downloads
- Making connections templates
- Links to many useful digital resources to enhance teaching