Biology for NGSS
Prices incl. GST. Shipping calculated at checkout
Teacher Purchase OnlyThis title is for teacher purchase only and is not sold to students. This product can only be purchased when ordering a class set (20+) of student editions of the same title. Please contact the sales team for more information.
The Teacher’s Edition of the Biology for NGSS textbook is an invaluable resource for teachers who are looking to implement the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) framework effectively in the classroom. This edition is identical to the student edition, but with additional teacher-only features that help teachers to deliver the curriculum in a differentiated and engaging way.
One of the key features of the Teacher’s Edition is the inclusion of model answers, which provide teachers with a clear understanding of how students are expected to answer questions and complete activities. In addition, the Classroom Guide is also included, providing pedagogical guidance and assistance with approach, pacing and use in a differentiated classroom.
The Teacher’s Edition also features a full mapping of the 3 dimensions of NGSS, ensuring that teachers have a comprehensive understanding of how the curriculum is structured and how it aligns with the NGSS framework. The guide provides a range of teaching strategies using the BIOZONE solution, including scaffolded learning using the 5Es instructional model as the basis for the sequencing of activities, using collaborative learning in a differentiated classroom, and strategies for ELD/ELA.
To further support teaching and learning, the Teacher’s Edition includes strategies for extending gifted and talented students, promoting inquiry using practical investigations, assigning activities for homework/self-study, and formative and summative assessment, including specifically identified performance expectations. The edition also addresses the Common Core State Standards for math and literacy, ensuring that students have the skills they need to succeed in a wide range of academic disciplines.
In addition, the Teacher’s Edition provides embedded 3-dimensional coding, identification of performance expectations and Common Core State Standards in situ and in alignment tables, and extra material for extending gifted and talented students. Finally, the edition features a long answer section, providing teachers with additional resources to use in the classroom. Overall, the Teacher’s Edition of the Biology for NGSS textbook is an essential resource for any teacher looking to implement the NGSS framework effectively and engage students in the learning process.
- Model Answers in place
- Classroom Guide
- Full mapping of the 3 dimensions of NGSS
- Teaching strategies using the BIOZONE solution, including:
- Scaffolded learning using the 5Es instructional model as the basis for the sequencing of activities
- Using collaborative learning in a differentiated classroom
- Strategies for ELD/ELA
- Extending gifted and talented students
- Promoting inquiry using practical investigations
- Assigning activities for homework/self study
- Formative and summative assessment, including specifically identified performance expectations
- Addressing Common Core State Standards for math and literacy
- Using BIOZONE’s Resource Hub
- Ancillary products to support teaching and learning
- Strategies for pacing and lesson planning
- Embedded 3-dimensional coding
- Identification of performance expectations and Common Core State Standards in situ and in alignment tables
- Pedagogical guidance and assistance with approach, pacing and use in a differentiated classroom
- Extra material for extending gifted and talented students
- Long answer section