TERMS OF SALE
IMPORTANT: No refunds or returns will be accepted without a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number.
- In case of claiming a credit for damage during transit, defect in manufacture, or dispatch error, please contact our sales office within 2 business days of delivery.
- Surplus stock may only be returned at the customer’s expense .
- The customer must request a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number.
- Books must be received into our warehouse in original condition within 60 days from date of invoice.
- Books received in anything but original condition (damaged or shop-soiled) will not be eligible for a credit.
- BIOZONE charges a 10% administration fee on all stock returns.
Digital products are not eligible for a refund. All digital product sales are final. Digital products include but are not restricted to the following:
• BIOZONE Academy
• BIOZONE eBooks
• Presentation Media
• Digital Teacher’s Edition
Teacher Support Materials Policy
Teacher support materials are for teacher purchase only and are not sold to students. These products can only be purchased when ordering a class set (20+) of Student Editions of the same title. Official institutional email and shipping address must be provided. Teacher support material include:
• Printed Teacher’s Edition
• Digital Teacher’s Edition
• eBook Teacher’s Edition
• Presentation Media
• BIOZONE Academy
• Model Answers
Digital Teacher’s Edition
A minimum of 20 copies of the corresponding printed Student Edition or eBooks must be purchased to be eligible for the FREE Digital Teacher’s Edition. One FREE teacher licence per class set is provided. See the full Conditions of Use.
Test Banks & Question Libraries
BIOZONE Test banks and Question Libraries are only available for schools signing up for multi-year contracts or large district purchases. Please contact [email protected] if you have any queries in regards to these products.
BIOZONE Home School Policy
IMPORTANT: Teacher Resources are not available for parent or student personal purchases.These products can only be purchased when ordering a class set (20+) of Student Editions of the same title. Teacher Resources are not available for parent or student personal purchases unless parent or guardian is a teacher of qualifications prescribed by their respective State Board of Education. All home school educators must undergo a validation process before your order is fulfilled.
Pricing and Availability
- All prices listed are in USD.
- Please note that completing payment via credit card will incur a 5% surcharge.
- Volume Discount price: Only applies when purchasing direct from BIOZONE. A minimum of 20 books of the same title must be purchased to qualify for this discount. Volume discount price applies to top up orders purchased within the same academic year.
- Recommended Retail Price (RRP): Applies to purchases of 1-19 books of the same title .
- School Managed eBooks are half price when bundled with the corresponding copy of the printed title.
- Some items may become unavailable for purchase.
- Errors & Omissions Excepted.
NOTE: Prices listed exclude any import duty or local taxes that may be payable upon delivery. Any such charges are the responsibility of the customer.
Customers may pay for their orders by:
• Automated Clearing House (ACH) – bank electronic payment.
• Institutional check which must be drawn on a US bank (no personal checks).
• Wire (telegraphic transfer).
• Credit card (note: 5% surcharge will apply) Payment instructions will appear on the invoice.
A 5% finance charge is liable for each month a payment is overdue. All private sales MUST be prepaid.
Digital Products Terms of Service
BIOZONE Digital Platforms Terms of Service July 2020.pdf
Unless specified promotions advertised by BIOZONE are not available through resellers.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- All books published by BIOZONE International Ltd MAY NOT BE PHOTOCOPIED, duplicated, or put into any electronic medium, in part or whole, without the written permission of BIOZONE International Ltd. Absolutely no photocopying is permitted under any photocopy licensing scheme.
- The Modular Workbook Model Answers on Disk includes a limited photocopying license.
2. Presentation Media
NOTE: Presentation Media = presentations available as downloads or on disk.
BIOZONE retains copyright to the intellectual property included in the Presentation Media files, with acknowledgement that certain photos are used under license and are credited appropriately.
- Use the Presentation Media files for presentations in your classrooms using a data projector, interactive whiteboard or overhead projector.
- Place the Presentation Media files on any staff computer within the school, including staff laptops, but not in contradiction to clause 2 (g) below.
- Place the Presentation Media files on:
- The school’s intranet (school computer network)
- VLE (Virtual Learning Environment)
- A CMS (Content Management System)
Student and staff access must be restricted to those who are enrolled/working on the campus of the registered purchaser. Student and staff access to a VLE or a CMS must be controlled by a user login and password protocol, but not in contradiction to clause 2 (f) below. If students have access, they need to be made aware of the Conditions of Use and are only allowed to view the content.
- Edit and customize the Presentation Media files by adding, deleting, and modifying information to better suit your needs, but not in contradiction to clauses 2 (h) – (l) below.
- Print out the Presentation Media files in PowerPoint® or Keynote® “Handouts” mode for the express purpose of allowing students to make their own notes about the presentation, but not in contradiction to clause 2 (j) below.
You MAY NOT:
- Place the Presentation Media files on to the Internet or on a service that may be accessed off-campus unless access to the service is protected by a user login and password protocol, and is restricted to students and staff enrolled/working on the campus of the registered purchaser.
- Place the Presentation Media files on student laptop computers
- Create a NEW document using any of the graphics/images in the Presentation Media files.
- Print the Presentation Media files on to paper to make your own worksheets for distribution to students.
- Incorporate any part of the Presentation Media files for the production of another commercial product.
- Share or give away any content off-campus. This prohibition applies to, but is not limited to, sharing via the Internet or any website, (examples: YouTube, slide sharing websites).
3. Digital Teacher’s Edition (previously known as Teacher’s Digital Edition or Teacher Resource CD-ROM)
- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT: The Digital Teacher’s Edition and all files contained therein (referred to henceforth as the “PRODUCT”) are subject to the End User License Agreement (EULA).
- DIGITAL RIGHTS MANAGEMENT (DRM): The PRODUCT is controlled by DRM software and is subject to copyright.
- LICENSE: The PRODUCT is provided under limited license for a period of 12 months. This license expires 12 months after the first registration.
- This license allows for the registration of the PRODUCT on a maximum of 5 staff-only computers (includes laptops), with access limited to teaching staff only. Additional licenses may be purchased by contacting our Sales Team.
- The license applies to a single campus of the purchaser.
- Upon expiration of the license, all use of the PRODUCT (printed and/or via computer) must cease.
- Upon expiration of the license, files that have been copied from the PRODUCT to staff computers must be deleted and all unused printed content must be destroyed, unless a new license is purchased.
- The PRODUCT MAY NOT be placed on a computer network (intranet) for use at multiple work stations, hosted or shared on the Internet, or on any website. Deviation from this exclusion requires prior written permission from BIOZONE International Ltd, contact our Sales Team.
- Copying the PRODUCT to student laptop computers (or similar) is expressly FORBIDDEN, unless a specific licensing agreement has been entered into with BIOZONE International Ltd.
- PRINTABLE RESOURCES: The following resources may be printed and photocopied for student and staff use within the limitations set by clauses 3 (a) – (e) above:
o Additional Activities
o Microsoft® Excel ® spreadsheets
o Glossary worksheets
o Crossword Puzzles
- NON-PRINTABLE RESOURCES: The PDF files of the BIOZONE Student Workbooks and Model Answers are supplied in a NON-PRINTING FORMAT, for viewing purposes only. They may be used with a data projector or interactive whiteboard.
- FREE PRESENTATION MEDIA SAMPLE: You must agree to the full Conditions of Use for Presentation Media.
* Administrator Rights are required for installation, you may need to contact your School Network/IT Administrator for assistance. Internet connection is required to download the License Manager Installer and to register the product. Once registered, Internet access is not required to use the product.
4. Classroom Guide (previously known as Teacher’s Handbook & Teacher’s Guide)
These are supplied as ancillary resources to be used solely in conjunction with corresponding Course Workbook(s). They are for staff use only.
5. Weblinks & 3D Models
Some of the activities in your BIOZONE book have references to third-party websites. BIOZONE is not responsible for the content or continued availability of these websites.
Access to these 3D models is currently freely available to all visitors, regardless of whether or not you are a valued customer of BIOZONE. However, this may change in the future as we develop this resource more fully.
These models are subject to copyright and may not be downloded or 3D printed.
The same copyright restrictions as print-book versions apply to BIOZONE’s eBooks. They are provided as a service for a designated number of licenses for a specific period of time.
- Access the e-books for the duration of the license period for the number of user licenses purchased under the license.
- You may distribute user licenses to your students for the duration of the license.
- Teachers are granted complementary access to the same book titles as those licensed to their students, for the duration of the license.
- Licenses are provided on a one user license per student basis (i.e. user licenses are not to be issued to more than one student at a time, rather, additional licenses should be purchased in that instance).
You MAY NOT
- Obtain a “screen capture”, copy or disassemble the content of the ebook to repurpose that content for use in another medium or context.
- Print off physical copies of the content, with the exception of the designated “offline activities” supplied as a PDF file. These are to be printed and used as a student activity.
- Sub-license any unused licenses to another entity outside of the institution that has been granted the license.
- Continue using the e-Book content after the expiry date of the license.
Click below to view the Conditions of Use for our digital products (this includes both BIOZONE eBooks and BIOZONE Academy
BIOZONE Conditions of Use (Student) July 2020.pdf
Conditions of Use are subject to change without notice.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
Digital Teacher’s Edition
ELECTRONIC END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
FOR BIOZONE CONTENT
NOTICE TO USER: CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING LEGAL
AGREEMENT. BY INSTALLING THIS CONTENT YOU ACCEPT
ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
This BIOZONE Content End User License Agreement accompanies the BIOZONE Digital Teacher’s Edition (formerly Teacher’s Digital Edition or Teacher Resource CD-ROM) & IB Options CD-ROM, related explanatory materials, and the BIOZONE content contained thereon (“CONTENT”). The term “CONTENT” also shall include any upgrades, modified versions or updates of the CONTENT licensed to you by BIOZONE. By installing and/or using the enclosed, attached, or about-to-be-installed CONTENT you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this End User License Agreement. You assume responsibility for the selection of the CONTENT to achieve your intended results, and for the installation, use and result obtained from the CONTENT. Do not use the CONTENT in any case where significant damage or injury to persons, property or business may happen if an error occurs. If you do not agree to the terms of this End User License Agreement, promptly stop the installation process, cease to use CONTENT, and erase this CONTENT and all of its associated files from your system.
- LICENSE GRANT
BIOZONE grants to you a nonexclusive license to use one copy of the version of this CONTENT on any one hardware product for as many licenses as you purchase. “You” means the institution, entity or individual whose funds are used to pay the license fee. “Use” means storing, loading, installing, executing or displaying the CONTENT. If you install the CONTENT onto a multi-user platform or network, each and every individual user of the CONTENT must be licensed separately or be covered by a site license. You may not modify the CONTENT or disable any licensing or control features of the CONTENT. This license is not transferable to any other hardware product or other company, entity, or individual. Any use of the CONTENT which is illegal under international or local law is forbidden by this licence. Any such action is the sole responsibility of the person committing the action.
The CONTENT is owned and copyrighted by BIOZONE International Ltd. Your license confers no title or ownership in the CONTENT and should not be construed as a sale of any right in the CONTENT.
The CONTENT is protected by copyright, including without limitation by New Zealand Copyright Law, international treaty provisions and applicable laws in the country in which it is being used. You acknowledge that no title to the intellectual property in the CONTENT is transferred to you. You further acknowledge that title and full ownership rights to the CONTENT will remain the exclusive property of BIOZONE and you will not acquire any rights to the CONTENT except as expressly set forth in this license. You agree to respect and not to remove or conceal from view any copyright, trademark or confidentiality notices appearing on the CONTENT, and to reproduce any such copyright, trademark or confidentiality notices on all copies of the CONTENT or any portion thereof made by you as permitted hereunder and on all portions contained in or merged into other computer CONTENT products and documentation.
You agree that you will not attempt to modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, clone, disassemble the CONTENT in whole or in part, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the CONTENT (except and solely to the extent an applicable statute expressly and specifically prohibits such restrictions). You may not alter or modify the installer program or create a new installer for the CONTENT. You may not sublicense, rent, lease, resell for profit or otherwise dispose of the CONTENT without our written permission. You may not grant a security interest in, or otherwise transfer rights to the CONTENT. You may not remove any proprietary notices or labels on the CONTENT.Usage of the CONTENT may violate the copyright of the modified material. It is your responsibility to respect all legal aspects. You don’t have the right to release to public any programs which were altered using the CONTENT, if not expressively granted by the respective authors.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THIS CONTENT AND THE ACCOMPANYING FILES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR DETERMINING THE SUITABILITY OF THE PROGRAM AND FOR RESULTS OBTAINED. BIOZONE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES RELATING TO THIS CONTENT, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FREE OF DEFECTS, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. NEITHER BIOZONE NOR ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, OR DELIVERY OF THIS CONTENT SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, DATA LOSS, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE SUCH CONTENT, EVEN IF BIOZONE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR CLAIMS. THE PERSON USING THE CONTENT BEARS ALL RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE CONTENT. SHOULD THE CONTENT PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, YOU AND NOT BIOZONE OR ITS SUPPLIERS ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY SERVICE AND REPAIR.SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THAT LIABILITY IS BY LAW INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION OR RESTRICTION.IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID TO BIOZONE.
Any term or provision of this Agreement held to be illegal or unenforceable shall, if possible, be interpreted so as to be construed as valid, but in any event the validity or enforceability of the remainder hereof shall not be affected.
- NO LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
IN NO EVENT SHALL BIOZONE OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF THE DELIVERY, PERFORMANCE OR USE OF THE CONTENT, EVEN IF BIOZONE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL BIOZONE’S LIABILITY FOR ANY CLAIM, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EXCEED THE LICENSE FEE PAID BY YOU, IF ANY. BIOZONE SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM OF INFRINGEMENT BASED UPON YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT IN COMBINATION, OPERATION OR OTHERWISE WITH THE DATA OR MATERIALS NOT SUPPLIED BY BIOZONE.
This Agreement and the license granted hereunder will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the limitations described herein. Upon termination, you must destroy all copies of the CONTENT and documentation.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This is the entire agreement between you and BIOZONE which supersedes any prior agreement or understanding, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter of this license.
- RESERVED RIGHTS
All rights not expressly granted here are reserved to BIOZONE and/or the respective authors (listed either in the documentation or within the CONTENT).BIOZONE reserves the right to make exceptions to any of these conditions, or alter these conditions, at any time. However, you may always use these conditions instead of any altered version if you prefer (note that this licence explicitly applies only to one version of the program; therefore, if BIOZONE makes new conditions in connection with a future version, you do not then have the right to apply these conditions to that version instead).
- CONDITIONS OF USE
You agree to abide by the Conditions of Use that relate to the BIOZONE CONTENT.