Biology for NGSS
The Biology for NGSS Classroom Guide is an invaluable resource that is specifically designed to aid teachers in the implementation of the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) HS-LS in a differentiated classroom. This guide features a range of teaching strategies using the BIOZONE solution, including scaffolded learning using the 5Es instructional model as the basis for the sequencing of activities, collaborative learning, strategies for ELD/ELA, extending gifted and talented students, promoting inquiry using practical investigations, assigning activities for homework/self-study, and formative and summative assessment, including specifically identified performance expectations.
- The features of both the student book and Teacher’s Edition are explained, with special reference to how it fully integrates the three dimensions of the NGSS Framework.
- Full mapping of the 3 dimensions of NGSS.
- Teaching strategies using the BIOZONE solution, including:
- Scaffolded learning using the 5Es instructional model as the basis for the sequencing of activities
- Using collaborative learning in a differentiated classroom
- Strategies for ELD/ELA
- Extending gifted and talented students
- Promoting inquiry using practical investigations
- Assigning activities for homework/self-study
- Formative and summative assessment, including specifically identified performance expectations
- Addressing Common Core State Standards for math and literacy
- Using BIOZONE’s Resource Hub
- Ancillary products to support teaching and learning
- Strategies for pacing and lesson planning
Find a Local Resource Advisor
Need more personalized information about a BIOZONE program? Talk to your local state Resource Advisor to find the right solution for your school or district.