Physics of the Universe
Taxes & shipping calculated at checkout
See every page
Get a sample packet for classroom trial (PDF)
PRINT: Paperback, Full Color
DIGITAL: BIOZONE WORLD Teacher and Student Access
Product DescriptionPhysics of the Universe has been designed and written following the High School Three-Course Model for California. It will also suit NGSS-aligned states integrating Space Science with Physics. This phenomena-based title takes a three-dimensional approach to provide an engaging, relevant, and rigorous program of instruction. Departing from the more traditional approach of BIOZONE’s Non-Integrated Series, the Integrated Series offers a learning experience based on the 5 Es and anchored in student-relevant phenomena and problems.
Features and Benefits
- A phenomena-based approach employing the 5E instructional cycle, aligning with how students learn science.
- Set Instructional Sequences provide the book structure, enabling seamless navigation through the program.
- Full integration of the three dimensions of the CA NGSS enables students to deepen understanding of Disciplinary Core Ideas through their use of Science and Engineering Practices and application of Crosscutting Concepts.
- Activities provide multiple opportunities for students to use first-hand experience to explain phenomena and develop engineering solutions to solve relevant problems.
- Formative and summative assessments address all three dimensions.
- Proficiency in mathematics and computational thinking are strongly supported.
- The California Environmental Principles and Concepts are incorporated throughout.
- Understandings about the Nature of Science are supported through the Science and Engineering Practices and Crosscutting Concepts.
- Online learning supported through BIOZONE’s resource hub, featuring videos, spreadsheet models, weblinks, and 3D models. Online courses also available through BIOZONE Academy.
Authors’CommentsWelcome to a synopsis of BIOZONE’s integrated titles for the Next Generation Science Standards for California Public Schools (CA NGSS). The series been designed and written following the High School Three-Course Model for California but has relevance to the wider NGSS audience interested in an approach integrating Earth and Space Science with Life Science, Chemistry, or Physics. Each of these phenomena-based titles takes a three-dimensional approach to provide an engaging, relevant, and rigorous program of instruction.
About the SeriesA number of States adopting NGSS, including California, are opting for a 3 course configuration that integrates the Earth & Space Sciences components into the three traditional sciences at high school: Biology, Chemistry and Physics. BIOZONE has already developed an NGSS series that encompasses this approach. Find out more about the whole series
Find a Local Resource Advisor
Need more information about a BIOZONE program? Talk to your local state Resource Advisor to find the right solution for your school or district.